CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Legally Ebony

I am now officially legal! No prize for guessing my age right.
As a total food lover, what better way than food and more food to celebrate this special day? The most important part being WHO I celebrated with, of course.

Before the actual date of my big day, my parents brought me for a pre-birthday dinner since they would be busy on my birthday which fell on Wednesday, which was a workday. Glad exam was over already.

The treat was at Swensens. My mum bought a buy-one-free-one coupon so we get to eat four dishes for the price of two! Speak about affordable. Hehe..

Clam Chowder, for FREE. This comes with the coupon. Yummy. You can break the sourdough bowl and eat with the soup.

Chilli Crab Pasta. Huge portion of tomato based pasta that came with a deep-fried soft shell crab. Nice.

Pesto Salmon. Love the herb-y sauce on the medium-thick slab of salmon.

On the day, Bobok brought me to the new Gurney Paragon Mall for a scrumptious lunch. Though the mall is not yet done, there were already a few restaurants there.

I was given the freedom to choose and I picked Goku Raku Ramen



The wall which looked like a planting field


Open kitchen

Wood-themed menu. They don't just serve Ramen, there are rice dishes, set meals and side dishes as well.

Our drink, honey lemon

Lesson 101 on how to enjoy a delicious bowl of ramen:
1. Indulge your sight and smell receptors with the appetizing aroma of the rich broth.
2. Scoop, sip and savour generous amounts of soup to start off. The soup is the most significant element of any Ramen dish, so enjoy!
3. Mix the noodles and soup well. Take note not to mix the seaweed together as it will dissolve.
4. Next, slurp away! The noodles are best consumed with the soup while it is hot, approximately within 7 to 8 minutes after it is served.
5. For the extra tasty kick, eat it with the accompaniments and added toppings.
6. By now, the soup will have reached its full-bodied flavour. Finish up by gulping it, down to the last drop!

My Ultimate Tonkotsu Ramen

Bobok's Goku Raku Ramen

Both are equally slurpy and yummeh~ We really did followed the instructions until the gulping-up-the-soup part. I am definitely going back when I am in a better financial state. Haha
Right after lunch, we headed for dessert at Meet Fresh which is located right beside Goku Raku Ramen. This is the main reason we ended up in Gurney Paragon Mall in the first place. Hehe. I had been craving for chewy taro balls since I got back from KL. There will be an outlet opening in Gurney Plaza soon.


Not a beeping UFO but a beeping 'dai ko dai' aka 大哥大? Haha.

We had the cold signature herbal jelly. It comes with herbal ice, taro balls and cream. Kinda similar to Snowflakes's bestseller.


Dinner was dessert again at the newly opened Ice Ice Baby in Gurney Plaza. I was on a sweet tooth condition that day. Haha. I hope I don't get diabetic form all the sugar intake.

(top) Egg-y waffle with vanilla ice-cream. A great combination of hot and cold
(bottom) Banana and coconut jam crepe

A birthday would not be complete without a cake. Bobok gave me a cake treat at Secret Recipe before our movie, Journey 2 The Mysterious Island. I had a serious cake crave while still in campus.

(top) My favourite White Chocolate Macademia Cake
(bottom) Almond Pecan Cake

Oreo Milkshake as a sweet ending

' The one that loves you the most, is the one that is willing to spend time with you. '

I am very grateful to my parents and Bobok for everything they gave to me.
Thanks to everyone who wishes me, you know who you are, hehe, God bless you all.

Happy holidays + Happy Chinese New Year!!
龙年到~~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy blogggggggg :D
glad that u had a good birthday! haha so nice of pi mi and ur bobok (y bobok???)
anyway my junior mentioned to me snowflake (u mentioend too), did we hv it before?

eMiLy said...

hehe. we can celebrate together next yr! ^^
nope. we can have it too when you are back. nicey nicey! too bad we don't have it yet at Penang.
But we have meetfresh. Hehe. almost similar type of dessert.
I have soo many places to bring you!!