CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

When East Meet West . Vol 5: London Day 1

I wish I could go back to that day, 7th August 2011. This was the day where I carried with me a heart of anticipation (and reluctant as well, I was torn in between) and a heavy luggage, not to mention the extraordinarily 'heavy' purse (ahem! you know what I mean), setting off to Penang International Airport as early as 4.45 in the morning. After bidding my parents goodbye, I went off on the trip to Europe (ON MY OWN!) Wheee~~




Pounds

After much waiting, having to arrive 2 hrs before departure for check in, and the delay, finally I flew a 45 mins flight to Kuala Lumpur International Airport and took a direct flight to London, Heathrow! My heart was leaping for joy! Though it was my first time there, (shame), thanks God that I did not got lost and not much obstacles on the way.


The next 11 hrs and 45 mins was another new experience for me. Although there was no lacking, we were well fed (had lunch 40 mins after boarding the plane, snacks in between and light dinner 2 hours before arrival), sufficient entertainment (one gets to watch movie/tv series/cartoon/reality shows, listen to songs, play games), amiable steward/stewardess and 8 lavatories in one cabin, it was not such a pleasant experience.

I had difficulty sleeping, lacked of freedom to move about (I chose the window seat. Please don't repeat my mistake) and all these resulted in numbed legs and rabbit eyes (they were RED!).


Hello hello!~ See who's there waiting for me. ^^


My flight from Kuala Lumpur. I was collecting my luggage then


Greetings London! Hehe

The Duck and Jia Jia had to skipped lunch and waited for me in hunger, (touched...), due to some technical problem. So I had my first meal in Cafe Rouge, a French restaurant in the airport.
I couldn't remember which restaurant was that due to the jet lag. (Ahh... Lame excuse. XP)


Ceaser salad and lemonade. Lemonade there was some fizzy drinks


I was pouring the dressing. Huge portion, but yummy nevertheless


The Duck!!


With her lunch. There were grilled chicken breast in sandwiched between the toasted baguette and crunchy fries


Jia Jia and Ah Bui. Oh, you only get to see Ah Bui's right eye here


Some stew chicken thigh. Very flavourful


And herby mash potatoes. Yah, that's 'demure' Ah Bui. Lesson learnt, never judge a book by its cover (referring to JUST Ah Bui). The mash potatoes tasted great according to them


We took the tube back to The Duck's accommodation


Whitechapel it is~


Cold storage at Budgens (a convenient store)


Bicycle park. Look closely to whether it is a bicycle park or rental bikes. You don't wanna mix them up.


The road with zigzag lines (unknown to me what these lines indicate)



The Royal London Hospital. Right opposite to the Whitechapel station. The Duck is staying at the floyer house behind it


The houses which all look the same. Haha



This is how they park their bikes. Impressive~


Queen Mary floyer house where The Duck is staying


Magnets from all over Europe


Butterflies decoration


Shoes and boots!! We can held a garage sales with these. Lol


Shared kitchen fully equipped with refrigerator, microwave, toaster,
rice cooker
and heater


Fresh berries. Blueberries and raspberries from Tesco


Chocolate bars! Thanks to Jia Jia. Hehe.
Chocolicious~ Too bad can't find these in Penang.


Lying on The Duck's comfy bed. With Hippo as my pillow and Ah Bui as the bolster. XD

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol, the first restaurant is cafe rouge, a french restaurant..
and lol, rice cooker belongs to one of my flatmates la, they dun provide it in the hall, but nevertheless, the rest that u listed are provided..
and aiyoyo, my messy room oso u posted meh :P

eMiLy said...

Haha. Make the changes d. Mana ada messy, okie la. Haha. Just a corner. XD

sHu W3n said...

emily... nice~ hahha... take more photo more me to see ya ^^