CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Medan Trip Day 1

After purchasing the air ticket for one year, I'm finally back from my Medan trip. This marks the starting of my long awaited short holiday. Now let the pictures depict our journey. Please bear with the blurry pictures as I think I developed a mild Parkinson. 

Before the trip, we bought a million Rupiah for RM335. Wow~ I was a millionaire for one day. *chuckles 

The pictures of whom I assumed are the previous leaders.

Aboard the Air Asia plane.

Fluffy cotton clouds

It only took us 30 minutes to reach Polonia International Airport.

Welcome to Medan

The view alongside the way to our hotel.

Sun Plaza

The 5-star hotel we resided. 

A dinosaur?
The view from our room window.

Cambridge Shopping Mall which is adjoined to the hotel.

Super huge bear!
First meal in Medan. J-Co for a way cheaper price.

As you may/may not see, one can hardly find small-sized cars riding around in Medan. According to my junior's dad, there are three reasons behind.
1. The taxes for the cars are cheaper.
2. The roads are bumpy and holey here and there.
3. Flash floods always happen whenever it rained. We'll experience it later on.
Chocolate coated banana fritters

We were welcomed by a heavy downpour which floods the road ankle-depth. Since I do not wanna soak my shoes on our first day, I had the experience of walking barefooted on the road.

Our second meal. The famous Nasi Padang. I cannot remember the name of this restaurant nor the price. But the food was nice. 
"Where did all these water came from?"

The bridge we past through everyday. 

Dinner with my junior's family. They were so very hospitable and friendly. 

Seafood!
Fried squids and fish. I love the crunchy skin of the fish.
Ikan bakar and chilli crab. Yummy~

We were then brought to visit a really huge temple.


Night view of Medan city.


Part of the photos are credited to Bobok.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE! and alot of yummy food! but wah walk on road bare footed @@ luckily u din step on any chicky :P

p/s: i tot synagogue is for judaism?

eMiLy said...

Hehe. Editted.
The food are really not bad. Yah.. I just temporarily closed down all my senses and just walk. And inside the restaurant the floor was oily. So you can imagine the 'sensation' on my feet. Lol.