CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Black Sunday

This morning I definitely got up from the wrong side of the bed. Things certainly did not went smoothly for me. I had a bad hair day, my super dry hair sticking out at all ends followed by the return of the red-eyed monster, I am not done, my new shoes got trampled on and lost a bead on the very first day I wore it! What else more could go wrong?!

But alas I was wrong. There are greater misfortune in store for me. Just wait until you get the whole story of it.

In my 19 years walking the earth, I seldom to never eat 'hokkien mee', also known as Penang prawn noodles. My family and friends sure love it a lot but it never managed to hold my heart. I remember the last time I had 'hokkien mee' was during my high school years which was few years back.

So what happened was that I suddenly out of no where I had this idea of eating 'hokkien mee'. Yeah, I was that random. I don't think I even like 'hokkien mee' in the first place, but I certainly don't despise it. Besides my sis and parents love it a whole lot. Out of ten times they would have it for eight times.

We, me and my parents, took the trouble to go all the way to Lebuh Presgrave, recommended by my friends. Since parking place is really limited, we even parked my car few miles away and walked there just to find that the stall is NOT OPEN! I had done my homework before this. The stall is usually closed on Thursday, but what happened was they went for a wedding dinner. Ended up having some tasteless Fish Meat Bihun which costs me RM3.80. Sweat.

Time Square is just somewhere nearby so we dropped by to grab something and have a look. That's when the worst happened. When we were done and ready to go back home, the ever faithful 19 years old car failed to start!! My dad calmly checked the signal, lights and everything else. Appears that the battery should be in good condition. But the car just won't start!

My mum frantically looked through the her contact list and my dad's phone book. To our dismay, there was actually no one we can ask for help. Right that moment I suddenly realised that we had no one else. What happened to all their friends and our relatives at Penang? How on this earth that we could reach for no one in moment like this?

I went for the security in Sunshine City and the man in charge was helpful enough to try his best to assist us. However we meet some obstacles as the people at in the security booth was not there all the while. Bad customer service I must say. Fortunately we didn't met with any serious accident or some sort.

I prayed so hard and God sent us a good Samaritan, a lady working in the departmental store who met with similar situation. She even took the trouble to call her dad and helped us to get in line with a foreman. The foreman couldn't make it to the scene as it was already late plus its a Sunday, so we had to leave the car right there till tomorrow when we can get our foreman to fix the car for us. Although in the end the car still failed to function, I was very grateful by the willingness of the lady to help us out, which is something she was not obliged to do. I wondered if i will do the same if I were in her shoes.

After 45 minutes stucked in Time Square's car park, we finally managed to go home, courtesy to my aunt who came to our rescue.

This incident left me pondering how I should put God's command 'love your neighbour' into practice. I want to serve others and not to be served. I want to start right now, right here.

3 comments:

怀财不遇的小丑 said...

=.="
What a bad day >.<

eMiLy said...

totally... @.@ bt nvm, tomorrow's another new day! ^^ saw a t-shirt v such quote at brands outlet. hehe. maybe i can buy it. hehe..

怀财不遇的小丑 said...

lol