CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Cameron Highlands Trip

Finally we are going to Cameron Highlands!! It has only been one week since I last went there for CF Family Camp and here I go again. Last time I would think that it is a boring place, but now I like the tranquility and cool weather there.


Got up as early as 5am

As we got up Cameron Highlands on the winding road, the weather got colder. We switched off the air-conditioner in the car and wind down the window for natural breeze instead, sending chill down my spine.


We arrived at Tanah Rata at 11am. Our first stop is T cafe, also known as The Lord's Cafe which is famous for their home specialty strawberry scones.



Hilarious prayer for the tourists


Home specialty apple pie and strawberry scone, comes with the hand warmer, hot chocolate

Next, we went down to Brinchang. Our next stop, The Big Red Strawberry Farm. I think this is the biggest farm there with different layers for vegetables, flowers, cacti, strawberries and on the highest layer the souvenir shop and cafe.


Flowers of all colour


Fresh vegetables


Strawberry sundae from the cafe. I prefer McD's strawberry cornetto sundae. Hehe


Rose-looking cacti


Who said cacti are suppose to be dull?

Next up we went to Brinchang Hill where the Boh Tea Plantation is located. To go up here one has to go through the super narrow and winding as well as bumpy road. After that what lies before your eyes is simply picturesque.



Since we were at a tea plantation, what is better than having a hot cuppa tea? My mum was commenting on what a good life it is to have such laid back life after her retirement.

Boh green tea and being adventurous I ordered the fruit infusion flavour, strawberry & raspberry tea. It smells so good but tastewise? No comment



I'm picking tea! Haha

The last stop is the bee farm opposite the junction to Brinchang Hill. I love the honey produced there. Too bad the price had skyrocketed to RM22 per bottle. So I just bought one bottle.


The bee hives behind me

After done with all the shopping for sweetcorns and strawberries, we got down at 4pm. Reached home at around 7pm. Luckily we avoided the congestion at Seberang Jaya. Totally exhausted but had a great day.

0 comments: