CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Convocation Day

Another week passed by and I did nothing again. Yesterday was Friday again. Thank God. Yet, this is not any Friday, it's the convocation day of fellow USM Engineering graduates. Having two sweet and nice hyper kakaks sure I'll be there to witness their memorable moment. Haha.

So we set off to Penang Island right after a drowsy 2 hours Biotech class. We even skipped our afternoon bath. We are this excited! Haha. However, our first stop is - Queensbay Mall. Lol. It felt a period of time since I last went there. We are divided into the two. Movie and Singing. Make your own choice. Due to my curiosity towards Neway, I chose singing. Don't worry I have enough self-conscious not to sing out loud.

Neway is quite a recommendable place for those who love singing. The sound system is nice, the screen is crystal clear, the food is not bad, nice cushion set and elegant decor. Too bad I forgot to snap some nice pics. And the singing hours are long. You can sing till you drop!!

We set off from Queensbay Mall at around 4.30pm to USM Main Campus. By the time we reach there, it's 'people mountain people sea'. Lol. Crowded, packed, congested!! People everywhere!! So where should we go? Good question. We are smart enough to follow those who carries bouquets of sunflowers or roses or big plushies with mortar board.

There are so many familiar faces around, mostly equipped with DSLR and cameras on hand but I don't see my family around. After searching anxiously, cause the graduates are getting out from the hall already, finally found my super abang and kakak. What a relief. Haha. They are both ready with flowers.

The graduates are now pouring out from the hall. Had a hard time finding both kakaks. Haha, it's like searching for a needle in the mist of the deep ocean. The robes have now changed from green to light blue. Nice colour. Was wondering will they change it to maroon when it's my turn? Hehe


Me, Chai Chien, Fee Sin and Soon Chai


Looked as if we are the graduating ones. Lol


Hehe, who am I lying. I guess I positioned my hand wrongly. Looked weird

Didn't manage to snap a family picture with my another hyper kakak Jing Yan as she was so busy taking pictures all around. Anyway, I wish the very best for both of them. Hope to keep in touch with them and good luck to them in their future undertakings! Kinda looking forward for my own convocation 4 years later.

After a sweaty and sticky time at the convocation, we headed to James Foo for dinner. I had Holland Fish, which tasted kinda bland. I still prefer chicken best. The mango juice was so so too. Nothing to shout for. Was too tired to snap any nice pictures then.

Since the night is still young, we headed to Hard Rock again. But as we are still students with limited budget, we went for the public beach again, which was FOC. Good for the wallet and the soul as we can get close to the nature and heard the water beating the rocks on the seaside. The sea breeze blows through our hair and faces.

With Kok Loong around, we had a great laugh and game session where we played 'Do you like your neighbour' and 'Angel and Demon'. The guys even did some sand sprint. It's really nice to hang around and had a good laugh, appreciating the company we have and spending quality time together.

Back to campus at around 2 in the morning. Thanks to Bihun for being the driver after a long tired day. Its going to be another new week and it's time to really get my head into the books.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good that u went..
now im abit regret for not attending my super seniors graduation for some stupid reasons, urgh

-mel-

eMiLy said...

Haha. It's kind of a family tradition. Best if go starting from 2nd yr. My hyper asked me to go too and I wanted to see them as well. Hehe. Its ok la. U still gt 1 year rit? hehe. 2mr's my family dinner. yahoo~ Haha

Anonymous said...

next yr wil definitely go if possible cos got a close fren graduating..
but this yr i missed liao next yr go oso diff ppl graduating, cant amend liao the lost, huuhuu

-mel-