CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Weekend at Home 1

I am home this weekend. Whee~ LOL. I don't know why but I had this sudden urge to go back home. So in the end I gave way and I am back in Penang Island. Haha. Basically nothing special, its just a less-than-one-hour journey and pratically I came back every weekend just that I didn't went home. Being deprived from good food all this while, weird I don't get any slimmer, this entry would be practically related mostly to food. All parents are worried their children don't get enough food even though they see them grow wider by days. Anyone disagree?

I reached home on Friday and the first stop is Jalan Kuantan, where some colleague of my mum recommended her a biscuit shop called Soon Hiang. Its actually a house, but one can tell its popularity by the number of customers in the 15 minutes period I was there.



Freshly baked tambun biscuits


They are still hot!!


The phong pheah are all pre-ordered

There was suppose to be a night market near my house every Friday night and I had been anticipating for it since it had been long since I last went. But alas, it rained. So there goes my plan. Went to bed as early as 9pm since I was really tired and my eyes are giving me trouble all this while.

Saturday is kind of a shopping day to get things I need and can only be found in Penang. Haha. What could that be? Due to my long absent from home, every time I got back I will be given great hospitality. Abundant of love. Hehe

Having no idea where we should go for lunch, we went to Queensbay Mall and guess what, its Kim Gary again. I find that my parents have this huge inertia where they will stick to something they are familiar and comfortable with and it would be hard to get them to try other new stuff.

Borsch soup. Totally tomato-ish


Yin yang, horlick and milk tea


Japanese curry pork chop and scramble egg. The curry is really spicy and the egg is nice.


Japanese curry fish fillet and scramble egg


Grilled chicken with sauce and sunny side egg

After that went to FOS and got myself two t-shirts. Now I realised both are related to music. Hehe. Do I really love music so much huh?


Fruits are a must whenever I got home. Fruits kept in the fridge. Love~


My mum claims this is something very expensive. Don't ask me how they taste. I forgot to try them. Don't even know how I am suppose to eat it.


This is something which taste in between a pear and an apple. Nice

Dinner is again somewhere familiar, James Foo Western House. My mum simply love it here and even recommend her friends. No doubt the food is nice and affordable.


Lemon tea


Cheesy fish


Chicken Maryland. Gosh, take note the portion.

Later went to Gurney Plaza and I managed to get the souveniers for the coming family camp. Hope that the receivers will like them. Thats how my Saturday ended. Didn't do nothing and guilt is engulfing me...

0 comments: