CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Milo Chocolate Chips Raisins Bread

That was so dumb of me for not realising it was Friday yesterday. SO much for TGIF. Guess everyday is the same for me. But someone commented that a normal day is good enough. Hehe. Okie then.

So it's Saturday. But having waking up with no one in the house, my heart sunk. There goes my plan to go for my favourite Chee Cheong Fun somewhere at at coffee house in Farlim. That place makes the best Chee Cheong Fun and the last time I had it was years ago. So much for the disappointment.

After having breakfast and watching the evil penguins, for those who watched 'Madagascar' should be able to recall the four evil penguins which came out with a lot evil plans. Quite a nice one. I missed the old times kids' show such as 'Oggy and the Cockroaches', 'Pinky and the Brain', 'Barney' etc. These are no longer showing on TV.

I was (might be still) the eating machine, and now I am the baking machine. Haha. New name I got from sis. And yeah you win, I did bake again. Wahaha. My hands are so itchy to try out my second bread. I told myself nothing must go wrong this time!

I tweaked the recipe a little again, taking out all the nuts and dried fruits, leaving only raisins. I added in chocolate chips and two tablespoonsful of Milo. XD

Alas! This time the dough didn't rise nicely. Just a little, or even that was my hallucination? Doesn't matter. I cannot stop halfway. I proceeded to bake my bread, and it smells so good before it was even out from the oven. Haha.

This does looks better, but lets hope it tastes as well too. Lets hope the smell doesn't deceive.


Top view. I wonder why it cracks.

Side profile. more bread-like eh?

Last and final one. Haha. Please taste nice...

* Edited

My bread which looked pretty turned out 'raw' in the middle!! WHY?!!! This is so sad. In the end we had to cut out slices and bake again before consume. Duh~

Just wanna share this very nice pasembur sold at Batu Lanchang Market. I had been eating this since I was a kid and the taste is ever so lovely. They start business at early morning till late noon.


Big portion with sliced cucumber, 'mengkuang' fried tofu, prawn fritters, crispy crackers and jellyfish. RM3.70


Poured the sauce over. Absolutely DE-LI-CI-OUS!!

Meanwhile, you can easily notice that nowadays I don't eat to live. I live to eat! I am such a slothful glutton. Sigh. Where goes my positive aura?

0 comments: