CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Holiday 3

Its drizzling and I am playing with dough again. Haha. My body are now kinda tuned to this laid back mode where I just enjoy reading, doing the housework and some other stuff which I enjoyed or am interested.

Just checked my provisional result. All the (P) listed beside is good enough to make me gleeful throughout the day. Hehe. My heart was actually beating kinda fast. Thank you Dr. Lim. You are one kind soul which made my day. ^^

My breakfast this morning with my favourite Post cereal with real strawberries. Totally falling for it. As brand loyalty as I am, I always go for this and this only.


Crispy flakes, crunchy oat clusters with a touch of honey! And of course dried strawberries. Yum!~

Had some deep fried 'nian gao' made by my ex-babysitter. Eating 'nian gao' during Chinese New Year actually means getting taller, or so I was told. I suppose having it some other time would do the same trick? Haha.


Some of my home cooked meal. Instant noodles with a mix and match of ingredients which are suppose to make the meal healthier and tastier of course. Hehe


Egg, tofu and mushroom


Brocolli, tofu, egg and chicken frankfurt

So who says instant noodles are boring? It ain't when they are no longer made instant. ^^

So back to my chinese steamed bun (mantou). After all the proving and steaming, this is how it turned out to be. Due to the dough getting really sticky and me failing to roll it up like a swiss roll, I had no choice but to make it into 5 dollops and just steamed it.


Can I forcefully said it does looks like a flower kinda shape?

Certainly needed more practice in order for my creation to turn out more presentable. But at least its edible, actually tasted nice. My parents came back the moment I took it hot for the steamer and guess what, it's gone within the minute. I myself is left with one small piece for tomorrow's breakfast. Hehe.

This is the recipe I got from Jane's Corner. Do refer her's to see the proper, beautiful bun.

Ingredients:
180g water
3.5g instant yeast
350g plain flour (sifted)
25g caster sugar
10g oil [omitted]
1 tbsp cocoa powder (sifted) [I used Milo]

Method:
1. Mix all the ingredients together except the cocoa powder to form a smooth dough.
2. Divide the dough into 2 portion, 330g and 220g.
3. Set aside the plain dough to prove. Add cocoa powder into the smaller dough and continue kneading till a smooth dough formed. Rest for 5 mins.
4. Roll out the plain dough into a rectangular shape sized 30cm x 20cm and set aside.
5. Do the same for the cocoa dough but slightly smaller than the plain dough.
6. Brush some water in between the plain dough and the cocoa dough with the cocoa dough
placed on top. Make sure they stick well together.
7. Roll the dough like a swiss roll and cut into 8 pieces.
8. Prove the dough for another 30-45 mins in the steamer.
9. Add water into the steamer and bring to boil. Steam over medium heat for about 15 mins.

2 comments:

Ying Ying Dai Tao Har said...

wahh.. really got strawberries inside wor.. i want to get that too.. ^^ the 1st thing that came into my mind when i saw the last pic was: wow.. you fried a dozen of eggs? cool.. ^^ nvm la. all also habis disapu... ^^ keep trying to get the rolling part succeed ya.

eMiLy said...

Hehe. Okie go get em. It's really good.
Wahaha. It seriously did look like fried eggs lea now that u mentioned. XD
Yeah, have to work extra hard on that. Lacking of tools as well. But I shall try again! Hahaxx