CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Steamed Pumpkin Bun

May is meeting its end. And to really recall, I guess I had done nothing worth mentioning and just slacked off most of the time.

I have yet to go for a swim, produce a nice presentable bakery, jog a lapse and I didn't even finish reading a book. Worst of all, UNEMPLOYED. Totally screwed.

So stop with the rants and work for a better result. That is way more useful over all the complaining and self pity.

Anyway, I did make good use of time today by trying out a recipe I got from Min's Blog, and I made steamed pumpkin bun. Hee

Before getting to that, there is this beef kuey teow I must definitely recommend to everyone. It's at Ho Ping Cafe, which is located opposite Kayu Nasi Kandar. It is open everyday from 8.30am to 2.00pm, except Thursdays.

For RM4.50, you get a bowl of soup with beef balls, stuffed tofu and 'Ngo Hiong'. This is the dry version.

So back to my buns, I wouldn't say its a failed attempt as the buns turned out nice, edible of course. But the texture is rather chewy than fluffy. WHY?!! Guess I haven't got the key to making a simple bun. Somewhere must have gone wrong during the process.

My buns which looked more like 'ki ka ku'

Here's the inner filling. The pumpkin is really sweet. Yum yum

1 comments:

Ying Ying Dai Tao Har said...

yee? opposite kayu i thought it's Vistana hotel? i wish to try it too ^^
i think you are really interested in making buns and paos after reading your previous posts. did you use the correct baking powder for the pau? mayb you need to give some time for the dough you hv prepared to rise before you steamed it.
jia you jia you :)