CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Shingles

I've had tomyam soup for three days in a row this week. Urgh~ This is so sick and unhealthy. Yeah.. Tell me more. am just too lazy to think of anything else more decent.

So tired of seeing this appearing repeatedly in my blog. Duh.

So my mum noticed that my dad was having some kinda red rashes at his body and ushered him to the hospital which turned out to be, according to the doctor, Shingles. Or more known as 生蛇 where when the head meet the tail then you are one doom person.

And I made some online research, appears that Shingles is also known as Herpes zoster. This occurs to individual who have had chickenpox at a very young age under 1. The skin rash is caused by the same virus that causes chickenpox which lives dormant in the nervous system and is never fully cleared from the body. Under certain circumstances, such as emotional stress, immune deficiency, etc. the virus reactivates.

Complications will arise depending on different individual and they should take note on their diet such as cut down on dairy products and meat. Sufficient rest is vital for a faster recovery. And shingles do spread. So I am hoping I don't catch them.

Trying to be a filial daughter and take care of my dad's daily needs. Haha. But there is not much I can really do. Just pray that he gets well soon and will learn to put himself first over other people and his work.


Meanwhile am craving for durian cheesecake. Aww... How does that happen that I am deprived of good food at my own house in Penang Island? Ironic much.

p/s: Miss you so much. Pretty damn pathetic. Sigh

1 comments:

Ying Ying Dai Tao Har said...

hope that your dad will recover soon. it's time for the daughter to take good care of daddy :)