CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Taken For Granted

So many things that happened lately makes me ponder. Why can some people live life happily and fruitfully though their life's condition is no better or even worse than mine. Why do some people living in a mansion with tonnes of cash but never really smile from their heart.
All these days I had been ruminating. I realised this one thing. I had been taking a lot of things for granted. I was given a lot and never really know to appreciate or show my appreciation.
Life is not all about accepting. It involves giving as well. To serve and not to be served.
I took my family for granted, especially my dad. He is not a man of words, but his action shows he loved me deeply, trying to please and fulfill my will. I took for granted because I knew he would love me the same always and I will not lose my dad.
I took God for granted. When I was lost and helpless, I seek God for comfort and advise. God is always there for me. Holding me tight, giving me comfort, loving me always. But now that I am getting better, I start to lose myself again, forgetting that God should be the first priority in life.
I took time for granted, wasted the time before doing nothing.
I've seen people who show no appreciation, in fact lack of gratitude towards people and life. All of a sudden, they are like a mirror, reflecting myself no different from them.
From this moment onwards I want to try my very best to change myself and blame no one for everything that happened to me. I wan to appreciate everything I am given in life. I don't want to wait till I miss them and regret then.
Don't wait till you lose it only to learn to appreciate. Take hold of all the opportunities you are presented now.
Life has no repetition.

0 comments: