CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Despicable Me

This is the end of my two months long holiday. But the good news is (if you can assume it is), it is the start of a whole new semester. Everyone gets excited at the start of something new. We will have new dream, new resolution, vowing to do this and that, and end up doing few to nothing. And when the end comes, we will tell ourselves 'I will try harder and do better next time'. But have it ever occur to you how many next time do we have? I think I have reached the age and stage where it is really time to take things more seriously and think of the consequences for everything I did and am doing.

Went for movie with my parents, filial daughter here. Lol. We were deciding on Knight or Day, Eclipse or Despicable Me. Finally my mum made the choice. She likes cute stuff I guess.


The movie starts with the Egypt pyramid stolen. Our main character, Gru, who wishes himself the world's biggest villain felt weak compared to the latest theft committed by a new, younger villain. So he decided to steal the moon. In the process, there comes in all the other characters where he met three little girls, Margo, Edith and Agnes. He wanted to use them to succeed his plan but in the end he found something more important than what he was aftering all the while. He found true love and himself.

The movie is indeed very enjoyable, funny and relaxing. But most important, I like the message it brings. Gru himself wished to go to the moon when he was little. He was never given enough recognition from her mother. She was never proud of him no matter what he did. This made him eager to be the biggest villain to make her proud.

This made me reviewed on myself. I had been trying to get attention too. Trying to get recognition from others to prove that I am doing well. I tried to be someone I was not just to please others. Then I realised, we don't need approval from others to know that we are doing well. What others thought is best for us might not be what we are meant to be. So why are we so afraid to show ourselves that we choose to be what others want us to be?

This is a new beginning. There had been times when I despised myself so much for what I had done. Wasted all the time for nothing. Doing or dealing with things the way I know is not right. But I know the time will not turn back for no one. The only thing I can do now is change the future.

I ask God to be with me, give me strength when I am weak, and give me hope when I am lost. I wanna try the best with who I really am. I want to find myself.

I am who I am..

0 comments: