CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Life Brief Candle

Just got back from CF Welcoming Night. It was indeed eventful as though I am no freshie, it was my first welcoming night too. Haha. Shame on me for never been to CF during my first year. But I am determined to attend every meeting starting from this semester. Besides that, I was the MC. Okie, I admit this is surprising but I am not telling lies. Being lousy as I was, it was still a great experience standing in front of people to talk and trying my best not to make a total fool out of myself.

In fact I am trying to open up new opportunities for myself. I remember the movie 'Yes Man' where Jim Carrey must say yes to everything people ask him to do. Of course I won't say yes to everything, but I am trying to accept every offer and opportunities given as long as I still can manage to cope. I wanted to give myself the chance to do things I always think I am not capable of.

I had been aftering a Hong Kong drama, 谈情说案. Some said this is the Hong Kong version of the Japanese drama, Galileo. The story is about a professor helping to solve crime cases using his physics knowledge. Very interesting indeed. Used up a lot of my self-control not to finish all 25 episodes at once. However, part of the storyline ignited the sorrow account in my memory. The break up part of the heroine and the professor. The situation is so similar to what I had been through. The personality of the professor and how heart-broken the heroine was. But the good thing is that in the end it is a happy ending for them both. This is a movie anyway, scripted storyline and acted characters.

A poem which is also one of my favourite comes to mind, which reminded me that time of earth is indeed brief, so waste no time doing things which have no significance in the end.

Life's Brief Candle

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more; it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound an fury,
Signifying nothing.

0 comments: